The Happy Campers Preschool Teacher's primary purpose is to utilize their skills, knowledge and judgment to develop and create appropriate curriculum plans for children.
- Set limits and appropriate consequences for the child and the group in care (teacher-child ratio 1 to 12).
- Facilitate individual and group controls.
- Encourage conformity with established schedules and routines.
- Supervise the following activities:
- Personal hygiene.
- Personal belongings.
- Nutrition, snacks, and lunch.
- Participate and encourage children to participate in center activities.
- Be familiar with, participate in, and make use of philosophy, and the facilities of programs offered.
- Maintain professional standards and provide a positive role model for the child and group by:
- Maintaining supportive relationships with other staff.
- Maintaining high standards of personal hygiene and grooming.
- Maintaining appropriate standards of neatness and dress
- Maintaining a clear focus towards developing independence and positive self-esteem.
- Separate "home life" problems from work.
- Facility maintenance is everyone's responsibility (children and staff). Children depending on their developmental level are expected to help clean up after activities such as lunch, snacks, inside/outside activities, crafts, etc. Teachers are expected to ensure that the center’s classrooms, bathrooms, inside/outside activity areas, kitchen, and lounge are clean, safe, sanitary, and in good repair at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Report to the Director or Program Manager.
- Title 22, Division 12, Chapter 1. Child Day Care General Licensing requirements, Section 101216 Personnel Requirements.
- Title 22, Division 12, Chapter 2. Day Care Centers. Subchapter 1. Basic Requirements. Section 101316.2 Teacher Qualification and Duties (prior to employment a teacher shall have completed 6-semester units or equivalent quarter units in early childhood education with a passing grade; at least 2 units or equivalent quarter units each semester until the education requirement has been met).
- Sound personal qualifications--maturity, stability, physical and mental health.
- California driver’s license.
- Ability to physically manage children (up to 40 lbs.)-carrying; positioning children
- Ability to sit at a computer for 1-2 hours
- Ability to go up and downstairs and transition up from the floor with ease
- Understanding the needs of children, families and coworkers in a child daycare center.
- Genuine love of working with children and able to develop effective and meaningful relationships with children.
- Contemporary understanding of children and theories of child development.
- Able to work individually and as a team member.
We look forward to meeting you!