Passion. That’s the common attribute of those that work for our organization.
We are currently seeking an Early Childhood Education Assistant Teacher. The primary purpose of this position is to assist our Early Childhood Education Teacher who works in collaboration with our team of Early Interventionists and therapists when assigned, in a classroom and/or center based setting.
Who We Are: Since 1983, Life Steps Foundation has been a leader in providing early intervention services to infants and toddlers in California who have or are at risk of having developmental delays. Our task is to help each family maximize its child's potential. Because each child is unique, program plans and activities are specifically designed to meet each child's needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with lead teacher and early interventionists in the classroom to create, prepare and implement daily schedule for students
- Supervise children at all times
- Support lead teacher during circle time, occasionally leading circle if needed
- Help set up, organize and clean up classroom
- Prepare or lead art and table activities as needed
- Talk to parents and answer questions when needed
- Assist in toileting/diapering
- Assist in mealtimes with children, including preparing, cleaning and help with feeding
- Support student interns and volunteers in the class
- Assist in overseeing health and safety of the classroom including cleaning toys and wiping down surfaces
- All other duties as assigned
Essential Job Requirements
- Must have at least 12 ECE units or Associate Teacher Permit
- Have a minimum of one year field related experience with young children. Two years preferred. Experience working with children with developmental delays a plus
- Associates degree in early childhood education or related field preferred
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License, reliable transportation and current automobile insurance
- Effective speaking and writing skills
- Pediatric CPR Certified
- Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel programs
- Ability to physically manage children (up to 40lbs)-carrying; positioning children
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
We offer flexible work hours and a friendly work environment.
We look forward to meeting you!