Passion. That’s the common attribute of those that work for our organization.
Who We Are: Since 1983, Life Steps Foundation has been a leader in providing early intervention services to infants and toddlers in California who have or are at risk of having developmental delays. Our task is to help each family maximize its child's potential. Because each child is unique, program plans and activities are specifically designed to meet each child's needs.
The primary purpose of the Lead ECE Teacher is to utilize their skills, knowledge and judgment to develop and create appropriate curriculum plans for children. The Early Childhood teacher will work in collaboration with the Early Interventionist and a team of therapists when assigned, in a classroom and/or center based setting.
Essential Job Functions
- Understanding and knowledge of various curriculum models and being able to implement appropriate models within the classroom.
- Collaborate with other teachers to create daily lesson plans and activities.
- Create an enriching environment in order to assist children in reaching their full developmental potential.
- Plan and implement family events and trainings at the program.
- Ensure that classroom is in compliance with licensing.
- Supervise teaching staff such as assistants, interns, substitutes and volunteers.
- Support children in our inclusion program by planning with the special education teacher as well as implementing reflective practices.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge.
- Utilizing DRDP to set goals for children in the classroom.
- Schedule and conduct semi-annual parent-teacher conferences.
- Oversee day to day classroom tasks such as managing classroom supplies, cleanliness and organization, etc.
Essential Job Requirements
- Must have at least 12 ECE units or Associate Teacher Permit
- Two years experience working with children ages 2-5
- Bachelor Degree in early childhood education or related field
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License, reliable transportation and current automobile insurance
- Be able to attend bi-monthly staff meetings, training and supervision
- Experience and competence in multi-cultural service delivery is preferred
- Effective speaking and writing skills
- Pediatric CPR Certified
We look forward to meeting you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time.