We work to raise awareness and help people affected by our cause.
Life Steps Foundation Children and Family Services (LSF CAFS) is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) affiliate of the Life Steps Group. We work to maximize the development of infants and toddlers (birth to 5 years old), who are at risk for developmental delays, and educate and support their parents in strengthening parent/child relationships.
Services and Programs
- Inclusive Structured Peer Learning Group Preschool / Childcare Programs- These center-based programs provide a natural learning environment to help accelerate the development of social and emotional skills and learning abilities by participating in preschool activities with children who do not have delays or disabilities. The programs are offered in both Southern and Northern California. If you are in the Bay Area, we invite you to click onto our new microsite to learn about out We Play We Learn Inclusion-based Preschool for toddlers of all learning abilities in the Bay Area community of Pacifica, CA.
- Early Intervention- our trained staff provide one-on-one in-home training to help promote a child's development of language as well as improve their motor, cognitive, social-emotional and self-help skills.
- Family Matters program- a comprehensive parenting program that offers parents with developmental disabilities the guidance, support and local resources that can help them foster their child's developmental potential.
Profile of Our Participants
- Our LSF Children & Family Services programs help children, primarily ages 3 and under, who have developmental delays or disabilities, or have been clinically identified as at risk for developmental delays. In addition, we offer services for children up to the age of 5 through our collaborations with the First 5 California and Head Start coaching programs.
- Parents with developmental disabilities.
- Nine different California Regional Centers refer families they serve to LSF CAFS. With five locations across communities in Northern, Central and Southern California, each month, we now serve more than 400 children statewide from all economic circumstances.